When W-Tactic Limited (“W-TACTIC LIMITED”) collects any of customer personal data or information, it is our policy to comply fully with the requirements of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (Cap. 486 Laws of Hong Kong) (“the said Ordinance”). The said Ordinance regulates the collection and use of personal data and information in Hong Kong. Personal data is any information relating to any living individual from which it is possible to identify that individual. In dealing with personal data, we will ensure compliance by our staff follow the Six Data Protection Principles (“DPPs”) which represents the core of the said Ordinance.
- Privacy Commitment
Our commitment to comply with the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance is premised on the following principles:
- We collect only necessary personal data from customers for the provision of services and products.
- Personal data will only be used for the purposes specified and not for other purposes except with the consent of our customers.
iii. We will not disclose personal data to any external organization unless we (i) have the consent of our customers or (ii) are required by law, but we will only do so under proper authority.
- All practicable steps will be taken to ensure customers’ personal data are kept secure, confidential and accurate. Such data will not be retained longer than it is necessary.
- Only authorized personnel can access or process the personal data of customers.
- Customers have the right to access or correct their personal data.
- Purpose of personal data collection
We collect your personal information for rendering a better service experience to you. Your information is collected when you register on our site, place an order, subscribe to our newsletter or fill out a form. When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your: name, e-mail address, mailing address or phone number. You may, however, visit our site anonymously.
Please send us a consent letter from your parents or custodies if you are below 18 years old.
- Use of your personal data
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property, or safety. Your personal data would not be provided to other parties for marketing or advertising use.
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To personalize your experience (your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs)
- To improve our website (we continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you)
iii. To improve customer service (your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs)
- To process transactions (Your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or service requested.)
- To send periodic emails (The email address you provide for order processing, may be used to send you information and updates pertaining to your order, in addition to receiving occasional company news, updates, related product or service information, etc.)
- To meet regulatory and/or compliance obligations (we are required to verify your identity and obtain additional information when your account transacts in fiat currencies)
- Security of your personal data
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you place an order or enter, submit, or access your personal information. We offer the use of a secure server. All supplied sensitive information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our Database to be accessed only by those authorized with special access rights to our systems, and are required to keep the information confidential.
- Accuracy of Personal Data
W-TACTIC LIMITED will ensure accuracy of all personal data using generally accepted practices and guidelines. We would request your provision of relevant identity verification documents, e.g. HK Identity Card/ Passport/ Address Proof (utility bills or bank statements).
- Retention of Personal Data
We would keep all personal data according to the guidance set by the said Ordinance. Personal data will only be retained for as long as is necessary to fulfill the original or directly related purpose for which it was collected.
- Access and Correction of Personal Data
Under and in accordance with the terms of the said Ordinance, any customer has the right to check and correct his personal data held by W-TACTIC LIMITED.
In accordance with the terms of the said Ordinance, W-TACTIC LIMITED has the right to charge a reasonable fee for the processing of any data access request.
- W-TACTIC LIMITED’s Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance Contact Detail
All enquiries and request regarding W-TACTIC LIMITED’s compliance with its obligations under the said Ordinance should be in writing to the following contact detail:
Telephone: 5464 9176